OPC and Hurricane Sandy
Hey friends! I’m sure you have heard that Hurricane Sandy is headed for the East Coast. She is strong, severe, and of a different magnitude than we have seen before.
We live just west of Baltimore and while we are not expected to get the worst, it doesn’t look good. We expect to lose power, have flooding, have lots of trees down, and probably road closures. I pray this is the worst.
The area school have closed in anticipation, in addition to many businesses. Many people are scared and worried about what Sandy will mean – food, shelter, safety. Important stuff.
We are also preparing. I put it out there on FB – what should we do? Thanks for your input and here is what we have done:
- Tied down the grill, patio furniture, trashcans
- Turned freezer and fridge to lowest temperatures
- Bought gas for cars
- Secured cash, in case power is down and credit card machines are not useable
- Made baked goods and stews
- Bought flashlights, batteries, tap lights
- Bought several bags of ice, now being stored in our freezer
- Prepared with library books, games, beer/wine
- Charged phones, laptops, iPad
- Prepared with duct tape, cardboard, plastic sheeting in case windows break
- Consulted ready.gov for in-depth info
We are preparing for the worst, hoping for the best, and trusting God that he will be present no matter what.
We are likely to be without power which means that DIY and blogging will come to a standstill for awhile. We will keep you updated via FB and twitter feeds while we have power and internet. If we are strangely quiet, remember us and know that we will be back.
If you are in the path of the storm, let us know, and we will be praying for you too.
What do you do to prepare for a storm? What do you think of Sandy? Are you in her path?
As Always, thanks for reading!
Subscribe and never miss an article!
Free articles delivered conveniently to your inbox
(and no spam, we promise)
Enjoy this? Share it!