Hi all! Now that we have The Better Half up and running, I’m back with Party #6! We’re pondering a new name for our party now that our new space is setup. If you’ve got any fun ideas, feel free to share them with us!
We had some great entries in our last party, which ran over a month ago. I already featured these great projects once, but am re-running again here because they looked so great! (Also, I just kept the same post from OPC’s main site, so the old comments are still here)!
We’re really happy to have our own space here at OPC, so I hope you’ll stop back all the time (and especially every Friday for this party!)
OK… On to the features from last party (for a second time)!
Link up your own crafts, decor, and DIY stuff below!
My Favorite DIY Link it Up Features From Last Week!
1. Karah @ The Space Between makes this cute number art piece as part of her gallery wall.
2. A Commoner’s Castle gives us a great tutorial for making chevrons on walls, like these!
3. We’ve been a sucker for Before and After photos for a long time. Cleverly Inspired gives us this awesome budget kitchen makeover.
4. Remade Simple gives us this neat DIY birthday pennant!
5. This next one fits in so well with our blog theme we just had to feature it. The family over at Friday is Pizza, Monday is Soup, built their own home from the ground up. Rather than a picture of the project, here’s one of the kids mid-project!
6. And finally, what would the world be without bacon? This absolutely fabulous submission comes from William (one of our regular readers and occasional contributor) who run’s the only bacon blog we know of, The Baconnoisseur. It’s a bacon bouquet!
How to Join in!
- SUBMIT! up to three projects (crafts, how-to’s, decor, reviews, or really anything home improvement related) from your site. Use the link to the article (rather than your site’s homepage).
- LINK BACK! from your original article to this post so other people can join the party! (You can grab our button and display it on your site too!)
- SUBSCRIBE! (see sidebar) to receive updates from our site!
and one “don’t”…
- DON’T link up Giveaways, ETSY Stores, For-Sale stuff, etc.
Share the Love!
Don’t forget to grab our button or link back to our party from your post so other’s can join in on the fun!
… and why not visit and comment on some of the other entries too!…
Thanks so much for the feature! Isn’t that home over at Friday is Pizza, Monday is Soup awesome?!?!
Can’t wait to see the new section and hear the new name. So many fun changes here at OPC…glad to be along for the ride. 🙂
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog
Thanks so much for the feature!!! 🙂
Oh my word. A bacon bouquet? And for Valentine’s Day?
I sure hope William’s wife has a sense of humor.
Well, he certainly put some effort into it, I would think that is appreciated more than the bacon itself. I personally find it awesome, and wish my wife actually liked bacon so I could give her one, but alas, I am the bacon lover.
My wife loved them.
Oh man! That bacon bouquet is awesome! Can’t wait til the new section is up! So excited!
All great but #3… Look at all that light. I love dark rich cabinets but you must have huge windows or great lights to make it seem inviting. The cabinets alone gave it so much light but then the walls got lightened. Such a difference, the floors even look lighter.
Thanks so much for the feature, and to you, too, Karah for the compliment! –We’re actually a part of a mutual admiration club, because I love her special numbers, too.
I’m still in awe over the bacon roses, and Cleverly Inspired’s pantry cabinet make-over. I had a plastic pendant for my kids when they were younger, somewhat like the one Remade Simple made, only wimpy and lame…Hers is SO much cooler. Definitely a “WHY didn’t I think of that?!” moment.
Thanks, Kim and OPC. I’ll see if I can keep up the baconing. I’ve found that it’s easier to write up a home improvement how to than a bacon one. Mainly because there’s no temptation to eat your subject when it’s home improvement.
The Bacon bouquet reminds me of that guy who was on Big Brother 13 Adam. HE would of loved that one.
Bacon guy would REALLY have impressed her with bacon- wrapped filet mignon roses, but keeping within a budget is also important!
I still pop in almost daily, but since the changes I couldn’t find the blog view. I did today and am very happy I did.
Though I’m big on DIY home improvement, in our case the “home improvement” is actually “finishing” our home (I just drew up plans for our stairway), I’ve always loved decorating and crafting. I’ll be looking forward to the more” finer” side of One Project Closer.
Love the bacon bouquet…now I can give my husband flowers!!! LOL
When you start the new side, will our comments over there still give us points to use in the reward center?
Oh most definitely! It’ll still be part of OPC. It’ll just allow those who are only interested in crafts and decor to land in that section and those who just want heavy-duty projects to read just those. But we’ll keep our rewards and points universal.
Although the bacon bouquet has seemed to cross over to both groups nicely!
People think music and love are universal languages. They’re wrong. The universal language is bacon. Deliciously smoked and cured strips of meat candy, sliced thick enough that it doesn’t curl when cooked. THAT is the universal language. I propose that we make it the universal currency, too. I propose that instead of our current fiat monitary system, we switch not to a gold or silver standard, but to a bacon standard.
Doesn’t that mean we’d have to save it to ‘spend’ and not enjoy it? In that case, my oldest would be rich, because she HATES bacon (I don’t know where that came from) and could hoard pounds of it, never tempted to consume her wealth. The rest of us would be poor and continually chasing the almighty slice…
oh my, how did i miss these? very nice. I actually prefer the kitchen before though i do understand that the white makes it lighter
Since we have young boys, I’m of the same mind here at our house – NOTHING white ever gets to stay that way for long!
Thanks again for the feature. Happy to see the party back. 🙂
Great to see this party going again!
I had to take a second look at that Bacon bouquet — at first, casual, glance it did look just like real flowers
Tasted much better, though.