Welcome to the Homemade Holiday Blog Hop! I’m teaming up with a bunch of other bloggers to give you a Handmade Gift Guide for this holiday season. After you read about how to make Lotion Bars with Essential Oils, be sure to look at the bottom for more great ideas.
Lotion Bars (aka Bee Bars)
This recipe was the brain child of my cousin, and friend, Naomi and they are pure awesomeness! They cost half the price (and even less once you own the tin), go nicely in your purse, and make amazing gifts! Thanks to Naomi for sharing her recipe for the greater good of the people. 🙂
- 1/4 cup Beeswax
- 1/4 cup Shea Butter
- 3 T Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vitamin E Oil
- 1 T Macademia Oil
- 30-40 drops of Young Living Essential Oils
- Combine all ingredients, minus the Essential Oils, into a microwave safe, glass container. Microwave for 2 minutes, stir then microwave another 30 seconds and repeat until completely clear in color and melted. Pour into bar molds and allow to completely cool. Once cool, pop out of mold and place in a tin or container for use.
- Use as frequently as desired on hands and feet to prevent dry, cracked skin.
- Thieves + Orange
- Peppermint + Orange
- Lavender + Lemongrass
- Christmas Spirit
- Orange (using Cocoa Butter instead of Shea)
The large bars cost about $5.50, including the cost of the tin and depending on the amount and type of Essential Oil used. I’m not sure if I got cheapest prices on supplies, but I think they are comparable. Most I buy off of Amazon, unless I’m at Trader Joe’s or Costco and see a good price on the Coconut Oil or Vitamin E oil. It seems like a lot of upfront cost, but I use these supplies for all sorts of beauty and self-care products, including Chapstick and lotions.
- Coconut Oil – Cheapest at Costco
- Shea Butter
- Macademia Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- Lotion Bar Tin
- Snowflake Mold
A Complete Holiday Gift Guide!
Need even more ideas? Check out more great tutorials and DIY holiday gifts using Young Living Essential Oils!
Also, join us Monday, Novemeber 17th for a Facebook party with lots of great giveaways!
What do you think? What Young Living Essential Oils will you use in your DIY lotion bars?
As Always, thanks for reading!