Okay, so I have an extra special treat for you today, friends! I’ve teamed up with some of my favorite hand lettering bloggers for a winter themed hand letter hop, where we share with you some amazing hand lettering tutorials and freebies! WOO HOO! I’ll be sharing tis FREE winter wonderland printable + wood sign tutorial. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom for access to your printable!
Winter Themed Hand Lettering Hop
These are some seriously fun projects my friends have for you today and there’s a little something for everyone! Please go visit them all and pin directly from the source to save for later. 🙂
Left to right, top to bottom:
Winter Wonderful Wood Sign DIY
These are affiliate links. A small portion of your purchase goes to help keep our blog free with lots of great content for you!
- Target Dollar Spot Card Display OR any pre-made pallet sign
Here’s a quick video showing you the basics of the tutorial, but be sure to read below for other tips and tricks for painting signs!
- Print your free printable!
- Remove any strings or stickers,
- Seal the sign with matte polycrylic. This is important for two reasons. First, it will prevent your white paint from staining and yellowing. Second, it would help smooth the surface and reduce bleeding. If making your own sign, I highly recommend sanding your surface so its smooth. Allow to fully dry.
- Place carbon paper on top of sign, shiny side down, then place printable on top of that.
- Trace printable with pencil using medium pressure. Remove carbon paper and printable.
- Trace design with white paint marker. You may need to go back and retrace to give a more finished, opaque appearance.
- Seal with another coat of polycrylic.
Free printable, two ways!
I’m super excited to give you this free printable, two different ways! The first is black and white and meant to use as a stencil for the wood sign. The second version is a navy watercolor (my favorite color). I hope you enjoy them both!
*This is for your personal use only and not to be replicated, sold or claimed as your own.*
Love it, Save it!
If you love this printable and want to save it for later, why not pin it to save it and to share it with your friends!
One Project Closer