Hi OPC readers! It’s Keri from Shaken Together, and I’m back to share another easy, delicious recipe with you! (Did you see last month’s amazing Peppermint Cheesecake Bars??)
Mexican food is one of my go to meals – taco, enchiladas, burritos, salads – and luckily, my family just gobbles it up! But I’ll be the first to admit that I get tired of the same ol’ meals. So, I came up with a twist on taco night that is perfect for appetizers or even a finger food family meal!
Easy Cheesy Ranch Taco Bites with Salsa Ranch Dipping Sauce
Crescent roll cups are filled with a ranch taco filling, topped with cheese and baked until they are golden brown. Pop them on a platter with a salsa ranch dipping sauce for a pot luck or serve them with your favorite taco toppings (olives, shredded lettuce, jalapeño slices, diced tomatoes) for a quick and easy dinner!
- Two tubes of 8 count crescent rolls
- One pound of ground beef or turkey, browned and seasoned with your favorite taco seasoning
- 1 cup prepared Ranch dressing - divided into two 1/2 cup portions
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Unroll the first tube of crescent rolls.
- Take each block of four crescent rolls and press the seams together to form one single sheet of dough.
- Cut into 12 square-ish shapes, roughly the same size.
- Press each square into the well of a mini cupcake/muffin pan.
- Repeat with the second tube of crescent rolls.
- Mix together the taco meat and 1/2 cup ranch dressing.
- Spoon the taco meat mixture into the 48 crescent roll cups and sprinkle the top of each taco bite with shredded cheese.
- Bake until the crescent roll dough is baked and the cheese is melted and browned.
- Serve with salsa ranch dipping sauce: stir together 1/2 cup prepared ranch dressing and 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa.
This recipe makes 48 cheesy ranch taco bites so there are plenty for a party and they reheat well. My boys asked me to pack these in their lunches as an alternative to a sandwich – great idea, guys!
Finger food is way much fun, so here are a few more of my favorite appetizer recipes!
Cheesy French Onion Soup Bread
Orange & Strawberry Guacamole or The Best Guacamole EVER
Thanks for reading and hope you love these amazing and easy Cheesy Ranch Taco Bites with Salsa Ranch Dipping Sauce,
Note from Jocie: Keri is one of three contributors to One Project Closer. To find out more about her, and other other contributors, check out our introduction to Keri from Shaken Together, Kathryn from Blessed Life Atop a Cake Stand, and Katie from Upcycled Treasures! We hope you will visit on Wednesdays for other great contributing articles.
Happy new year, Jocie!! So excited to be here for 2014!!
Oh my goodness, these look amazing! JM would love them, pinning for sure!