Share Your Story on OPC, Get a Gift Card!
Do you have a great remodeling story or guide? Did the previous owners of your house do something so absolutely crazy you just have to share it? Are you an enthusiast or contractor with a funny remodeling story, a professional how-to guide, or some remarkable before-and-after pictures to share?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we want your article!
Here’s the idea:
- You e-mail your story, “how-to” guide, or pictures to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (see detailed instructions below).
- If we publish your project or how-to guide, we’ll mail you a gift card to the home improvement store of your choice!
Pretty cool, right? We think so! We’re looking forward to some great reader stories!
What We Like
We’ll be picking stories that One Project Closer readers will enjoy reading. While there are not many hard-line rules for what we will and won’t run, we thought you might want to know what is likely to get our attention, in case you’re new to submitting to other blogs. So here goes:
What Reader’s Love:
- Do-It-Yourself or Professional project narratives that inspire the DIY-er in them (or justify calling in the Pros).
- Great Crafts and Decor.
- Hilarious text and pictures.
- Beautiful transformations, before and after pictures, photos that would make a design magazine proud.
- How-to guides that include instructions and pictures of the project!
What Reader’s Don’t Love so Much (so please don’t send them):
- Press-releases or product marketing articles masquerading as “how-to” guides or reviews.
- A bunch of text with no pictures.
Sample Guest Posts:
Here are a few of our previously published guest-posts. Take a look at these to get an idea of what we’re looking for in terms of writing quality and pictures to go along with the content.
- Product Review: Gladiator Tool Storage Review
- DIY How-To: How to Frame a Mirror
- Remodel: Small Kitchen Remodel
- Useful Tip: Picking Firewood
How to Send Us Your Story
We want to make submitting stories as easy as possible. Here’s how!
- Send stories to us @ email@example.com.
- [Optional] Tell us where pictures should be inserted in the text by including a line like [picture1.jpg goes here].
- [Optional] Landscape/horizontal pictures are great on our site at 500 x 375 (500 pixels wide by 375 pixels tall). Portrait/vertical pictures look best when they’re sized 375 x 500 (375 pixels wide by 500 pixels tall). If your pictures’ dimensions aren’t perfect, don’t worry! We’ll take care of it!
- [Optional] We prefer JPG format. We use an automated compression tool that works well on JPGs, but really any format is OK with us!
Subscribe and never miss an article!
Free articles delivered conveniently to your inbox
(and no spam, we promise)
Enjoy this? Share it!